Kopane Diamond Developments


Kopane Diamond Developments decided to concentrate on its Lesotho diamond mining assets in 2007 when new management took control of the group. It has 75% stakes in the Liqhobong main pipe and the Liqhobong satellite pipe. The latter started production in 2005. The Lesotho government owns the other 25%. It started out as European Diamonds when it initially focused on kimberlite exploration in Finland. These assets are still part of the group and comprise 28 mineral claims. They include the Lahtojoki kimberlite pipe discovered in 2004. In January 2008 Kopane signed a joint venture with Mantle Diamonds, which will enable its partner to earn up to 70%. Mantle will have to spend $5m on exploration and issue - in stages - 10m of its shares to Kopane - at an assumed value of 20p each. European Diamonds joined Aim on 11 December 2000 via a placing at 70p a share.

Sector: Resources

Browse by issue
All issues
Popular tags
All tags

betbrokers, financial, gold, health, leisure, media, mobile, resources, services, technology

AIM Micro feeds

Keep up to date with articles published at Subscribe to AIM Micro RSS Feeds